Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Black Out!

Exciting night last night at the ol' Residence Inn! There was a multi-block black out, which isn't as exciting as the entire town, but it will due. The power went out last night about 7:30pm. No big deal I thought - it's like a hurricane party! But without the flashlights, candles, and beer (they closed the bar). I made the mistake of going down to the lobby via the elevator (we had some power) to find out what was going on. That's when they told me the elevator was in emergency mode and only went down - to go back up to my room I would have to take the stairs. To the 10th floor. D'oh! So, I got back to my room and ate the ice cream in the freezer before it melt, as any good considerate person would do. You wouldn't want it to melt and make a mess in the freezer, would you? The broccoli was on it's own. And then I went to bed out of boredom at 9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment