Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Eagle has landed




Whoop whoop! We made it to California! Yes - all of the travelers who started this journey are still accounted for and we are all here.


Sunday we drove from Salt Lake City to Reno, NV. The drive was pretty, but long - over 500 miles. Thank god for the audio book - a creepy murder mystery that atleast keeps you engaged, but not wanting to ever leave the safety of your car. Today we drove the last leg - and the last 2 hours of the drive from Reno, NV to Sacramento were long. We drove through Tahoe, which is a beautiful area, and it was 32 degrees out and snowing! Atleast by the time we got to Sacramento it was 64 out.


Ah, so now the easy part of this adventure is over. Driving across the country was a wonderful experience and I enjoyed seeing parts of the country that I have never seen before. The true challenge will start later this week when I start my new job. I wonder where my paper bag is....

No comments:

Post a Comment