Friday, May 7, 2010

Moving isn't as glamorous as it sounds

Still technically into Day 1 and I am yet back again at Walgreens.

I have no idea where anything is and the inside of my car scares me at the moment. It's worse than the garage (if I had one) and all I see are the things I have no use for - 3 brooms (who own 3 brooms?), an electric sander (the movers packed the sander case but not the sander), and an extra deadbolt lock, plus a couple of boxes of work stuff. Atleast I have my computer, but the movers were quicker than me and packed my computer bag. I am on my way to the drug store to re-purchase the items in my toiletry bag that I left behind in Wilmington. (Did you know it costs $80 to overnight a toiletry bag to Charlotte? - I'll just go re-buy the stuff) Next big task before the drive - unpack the clothes I brought and see what I have. Normally I pride myself on packing for a trip - I plan out what to wear, make sure everything is coordianted, clean, and has interchangeable pieces - I'm seriously anal about it. But for some reason, packing for a week long drive, starting a new job as a manager, and living out of a suitcase for up to 90 days seemed like a good time to "wing it" as I just threw a bunch of stuff in 2 bags. Excuse me for a sec while I breath deeply into this paper bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment