Friday, May 7, 2010

Good-by Wilmington, NC!

So, today is bittersweet.

I have lived in Wilmington, North Carolina for the past 6 years, and moved there from Savannah, Georgia. After living in Savannah, I don't consider Wilmington, a sister city, to really be that southern of a town, but now I have accepted a new job out in Sacramento, California and it is time to hit the road. Yesterday the movers came and packed up all of my belongings and loaded them into the 18 wheeler and it only took like 6 hours to pack up my life. That is great that it didn't take forever and they were nice and polite, but shouldn't have it taken longer?

So now the house is empty and it is still a darn cute house! I'm going to miss my house - it's a 1948 cape cod style with a front porch that has a swing, and a screened-in back porch. And a For Sale sign in the front yard. Sigh.

Today started Day 1 of my big new adventure! I picked up the 2 cats (Sam and Harry) from the vet where they had been hanging out while the movers were at the house, and we headed West. Well, we only went about 200 miles west - to Charlotte where I will see my family for a couple of days and pick up my mom. We start the drive on Monday, May 10.

This blog is going to be about my cross country drive and about how a southern girl learns to be a cali girl. It should be an interesting adventure... pictures to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gin, I think this is a great idea! I can't wait to read about your adventures... I am so happy for you! Be safe and have fun. :-)

    Joy

    ReplyDelete