Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Vices (or Boubon, Betting, and Pink Elephants)




Yesterday was a long day and I didn't get my blog on last night. But I have lots to report!

We spent the night in Lexington, KY and drove first to Versailles, KY to go to the Woodford Reserve Distillery. It was actually a very pretty drive - horse farms, rolling hills, and pretty green grass (I have grass envy). We got to Woodford Reserve and just had to take the tour! It was actually pretty interesting - did you know that the calcium in the water is what makes horses in that part of KY so strong - the extra calcium in the water. Woodford Reserve is a fairly new brand of boubon but they have been making bourbon at that site for over 100 years. Since I am driving, I only drank my sample, and not my mom's.


From there we headed west to Louisville, KY. Eh, the drive wasn't as pretty from the interstate. We went to Churchill Downs and took pictures. Churchill Downs is a beautiful track (from what I've seen on tv) but boy, it is NOT in a nice part of town!

We continued west towards St Louis and yes, we stopped and saw the Pink Elephant! They were at a nursery (plant, that is) along with such buddies as buffalo, horses, a bobcat, and some eagles!



We spent the night in historic St Charles, MO - just west of St Louis. Cute town, ate a historic inn and had bbq.

Today's drive will be uneventful - found nothing interesting to stop and see and we'll go just west of KC to BFE.....

1 comment: